Monday 1 October 2018

Plan for October

Hello once again!

Sorry for the abrupt message in my previous post, and for keeping you all waiting for news of resumption of progress, but I'm (finally) back, and am working on 0.2.11 once more. I've done mostly bug fixing today, in order to get back into the swing of things, and after finishing off my 'urgent bugs' list tomorrow, I'll continue working on the content for 0.2.11.


Some Changes

I've decided to make a couple of changes from how I used to do things before this interruption, in order to address two problems with my release schedule: one, the over-promising of content, which kept on leading to disappointment when I didn't achieve all of my targets for each release; two, the delays, which ranged from a few hours to several days.

So, in order to address the issue of over-promising content, I'm going to stop setting precise targets altogether, and will simply say 'I'm mainly working on X area', or 'I'm focusing on improving Y feature', for each release. I'll still be working on numerous things for each version, but I'd rather under-promise and over-deliver, rather than the other way around, which has been the norm.

In order to address the issue of delays, I'm going to change the Wednesday release date to a more general '7-10 day release window'. This will allow for a little more flexibility and will enable me to get features and content properly finished between releases, instead of rushing to get them hastily implemented in time.


Release Information

So, with that being said, I'm going to continue working on Submission content for 0.2.11's public release, which will be out some time between 8th-10th October. After that, I will move on to 0.2.11.5, which will be a Patreon/github preview, and then finally the public version of 0.3. Those last two will be focused on main story content and the fields area, respectively.


Thank you all for your patience and understanding regarding last month's problems, and if you have any comments or questions that you'd really like me to respond to or read, then please PM me on discord.