Sorry once again about the delay; as part of the combat update, there turned out to be a lot more things that needed altering than I first thought. Anyway, this v0.3.3.6 is the preview version for the merging of Irbynx's combat update PR into the main game, which I've just now pushed to the public github.
If you decide to download and build it, please keep in mind that it isn't completely finished yet, and for the public release next Friday (14th), I'm planning on making some further tweaks and adjustments to several areas, as well as doing a balance of the damage numbers.
Although I build these preview versions for supporters over on my SubscribeStar page, you can still build and play these previews yourself from the public github (which is always kept up to date with the very latest version): https://github.com/Innoxia/liliths-throne-public/tree/dev (There's a build tutorial here.)
IMPORTANT: If you're building through github, you'll now need to place the 'liliths-throne-public/res' folder in the same directory as the exported .jar!
ALSO IMPORTANT: Only the 'dev' branch of the github is updated to 0.3.3.6. Make sure you build from dev!
- Completely overhauled combat loop.
- The old turn based system has been modified into an action-point based turn system.
- Added blocking/shielding system, along with a few basic attack moves.
- You are now able to see intents of enemies and allies in combat.
- Abilities available to any character in combat are limited to maximum of 8 - respective menu added to phone to assign abilities, and to companion/slave management to manage theirs.
- Combat AI is a little smarter now, although improvements can be made.
- HP formula changed to avoid physique playing a major role in it.
- Mana formula changed to overally bring the amount of mana to 100-120 average values.
- An overhaul to unarmed damage calculation.
- 'Defence modifier' has been added as an attribute, and applies a boost or drain to damage shielding for the character at the start of each combat turn.
- 'Dodge chance' and 'Miss chance' have been removed from the game. Spells and other effects that modified 'Dodge chance' or 'Miss chance' have been converted into a positive or negative 'Defence modifier' value, respectively.
- The extra effect of the spell 'Rain Cloud', 'Cloud burst', is now triggered by being hit by a critical attack, instead of being triggered by missing an attack.
- Special tease attacks now do limited damage vs enemies who dislike the associated fetish. (i.e. Doing a 'virility tease' on someone who dislikes the 'pregnancy' fetish will only do 1 damage.)
- You can now set an allied and enemy target, so you don't have to keep on switching target to cast friendly spells/abilities.
- Beneficial spells & abilities will now automatically be applied to your allied target, whereas detrimental spells, abilities, and attacks will be applied to your enemy target.
- The main three stat bars (physique/arcane/corruption) are now hidden during combat, so that it's easier to see multiple combatant's stats.
- Typo/parsing fixes.
- Fixed issue with incorrect names being parsed in speech.
- Fixed an issue with names sometimes being parsed as though they were within speech when they weren't.
- Moved Perk Enums into classes.
- All permanent attribute boosts for all characters will be reset upon loading into the game.
- All characters' perk trees will be reset upon loading into the game.
- You can no longer gain permanent increases to your attributes through potions. The only way to increase attributes now is through clothing, status effects, perks, or unique events.
- Removed base attribute increases for races, and instead put attribute bonuses in subspecies' unique status effects.
- The perk trees for all non-elementals (including that of the player) have been modified. Added several new traits and perks, and the 'root' lust perk is now unlocked by default.
- You can no longer go 'back up' the perk tree to unlock perks. All unlock progress must now always be down or on the same level.
- All NPCs no longer have attributes assigned to them upon creation, and instead select perks based on their subspecies's preferences.
- Characters who are enslaved no longer have their job-related trait converted into the slave trait. Characters who spawn into the game as slaves will have the slave trait, however.
- Altered aura calculation to rely more on the value of your arcane attribute.
- Resistance attributes no longer provide a percentage damage reduction, and instead provide shielding equal to their value in each turn in combat.
- Clothing now provides 10% of the physical resistance it used to. (For any modders, please continue to use integer values of 1 and over - the reduction to 10% is done in the code.)
- You can now see NPCs' perk trees at the bottom of their character description pages.
- Amber now has two demonstones equipped as weapons.
- Added several unique occupational perks for both unique and non-unique NPCs.
- Brax/Bree/Brandi no longer wears shoes.
- Adjusted the levels of several unique NPCs.
- Reduced clothing attribute modifiers from -5/-3/-1/1/3/5 to -3/-2/-1/1/2/3.
- Added status effect application indication in combat moves tooltips.
- Changed spell's critical hit requirement to being the only action used that turn.
- Changed the colour of the 'lust' attribute from scarlet to light pink, and 'physical damage' from red to grey-brown.
- Removed 'critical chance' and 'bonus lust shielding' attributes. Altered status effects, subspecies bonues, and clothing enchantments which used these attributes. Enchanted clothing/weapons which had critical chance modifiers have been converted to critical damage.
- Renamed 'critical hit damage' to 'critical power'.
- Added shielding for energy damage as a separate shielding type from physical.
- Block now blocks all energy damage, not just physical.
- Racial resistances have been removed. Instead of increasing your stats, race books now give you a unique perk which boosts damage vs that race. (You can get the lilin and elder lilin unique perks by returning to Lyssieth and asking about 'Recap' and 'Family', respectively.)
- (If you have defeated the imps in the Imp Citadel, you should have your imp racial damage replaced by a special perk, 'imp slayer', when you load in.)
- Tease damage done to a target who is immune to the 'instant-loss at 100 lust' effect will now correctly start to damage their health.
- Restored Rose's virginity for if it was accidentally taken in a version where her sex actions weren't working properly.
- Fixed issue with player's prediction moves in combat not being cleared each turn.
- Fixed move cooldowns not being reset when you used the 'Reset' action in combat.
- Fixed combat prediction text not correctly identifying when the move would be a critical.
- Fixed issue with characters getting a huge amount of perk points.
- Fixed issue in characters' information screens, where relationships sometimes included an 'Unknown'.
- Fixed some parsing errors.