Wednesday 23 March 2022

Version 0.4.3.9 Preview Release

Hello again,

Sorry again for how long it's taken me to get this update out, and for the fact that due to there still placeholder content, I've decided to make it a preview one. As I previously mentioned, I've not been feeling too well recently, which, combined with some stressful personal issues, has really impacted my ability to work on LT. The personal issues have been resolved, but I've been feeling physically worse over the past few days, and so I've not been able to get all the placeholders for the tavern content filled in (headaches and light-headedness have made it hard to concentrate on writing).

The patch notes look very small for this update, but there are a few different sections of content in the tavern, so there is a little more than the patch notes would suggest. I'm going to have to take the rest of the week off to try and get some real rest in which to recover, but after that I'll work on getting the placeholders filled in and the next section of the main quest added.

I know I keep saying sorry, but I feel very guilty about the lack of progress over the past few weeks. I'll do my best to catch up and get a lot more added for the next version. Thank you all for your support, and I'll make another post at the end of this week to let you know how I'm feeling and when the next public update is to be expected.



I package and release these in-between preview builds for backers over on my SubscribeStar, but anyone can play them at any time by building them directly from the public github (which is always kept up to date with the very latest version):
https://github.com/Innoxia/liliths-throne-public/tree/dev
(There's a build tutorial here.)

IMPORTANT: If you're building through github, you'll now need to place the 'liliths-throne-public/res' folder in the same directory as the exported .jar!

ALSO IMPORTANT: Make sure you build from 'dev' branch.


v0.4.3.9 Patch Notes

Engine/Modding:

  • Added 'escapeBlocked' variable to combat responses, allowing you to block the availability of the escape action during that combat scene.
  • Added 'resetHour' attribute support to dialogue flags, allowing you to define the hour at which dialogue flags reset, instead of only being able to reset them at midnight.

Gameplay:

  • Added 'The Crossed Blades' tavern in the alleyways of northern Elis.

Other:

  • Added 'light orange' as a new body covering colour.
  • Renamed 'alcoholic' fluid modifier to 'strongly alcoholic', and added a new 'alcoholic' fluid modifier, which applies intoxication at a rate 10 times slower than the old, 'strongly alcoholic' modifier.

Bugs:

  • Parsing fixes.