Thursday 29 June 2017

Patreon discussion

A lot of you have been asking about ways to support the game's development, so I decided to talk about Patreon now, instead of waiting until version 0.2.0.


Why Patreon?

I have a lot of free time at the moment in which to work on Lilith's Throne, which is what allows me to keep making these weekly releases. I love making Lilith's Throne, and I wish that I didn't have to worry about money issues so that I could keep on going exactly as I am now. Unfortunately, I'm not in that sort of position, so unless I make a Patreon to help fund the game's development, I'll have to spend less time working on the game and more time finding a job that will pay the bills.


What will the money be spent on?

Mostly food and other bills, so I can continue spending all my time working on developing the game, instead of having to find a part-time job (that would drastically cut into development time). If I can earn enough, I'd also like to commission some art to help promote the game.


When will it be launched?

Some time around the 8th of July. I want to give you all a chance to offer feedback and suggestions before the Patreon goes live.


My current idea for Patreon

$3 Tier Rare
Preview builds.
Discord Rewards.

$6 Tier Epic
Preview builds.
Discord Rewards.
One vote in any polls I make.
Name in credits (as an 'epic' backer).

$12 Tier Legendary
Preview builds.
Discord Rewards.
Two votes in any polls I make.
Early access to any extra writing I do outside of LT, or any artwork that I might commission.
Name in credits (as a 'legendary' backer).


Notes:

1. The main reward for all three of those tiers is that you'll be directly supporting the game's development. Without donations, I'll eventually (in about 3-4 months) have to cut back development time and find a part-time job.

2. The game's source will be made public on github at the same time that the Patreon goes live, so 'Preview builds' are simply a convenience for patrons who don't want to mess around with github. Anyone will be able to build the game from the source at any time.

3. Any polls that I make will be for minor things, like what NPC/sex scene/area you'd like to see me doing some extra work on for the next release.

4. I might add more reward tiers in the future, but this is how I thought I'd start it.


Everything here is subject to change! Please let me know what you think of my plans in the comments below! This will likely be your only opportunity to influence how the Patreon is set up (once I make it live, I can't really change it much).