Hello again everyone! ^^
For the progress this week, I finally finished the companion system (with help from Irbynx), which I'd originally indented to add alongside the Karl and Wolfgang encounter. I decided to add this companion system before doing the spell work, as I have plans for a few of the spells to summon elemental allies (which requires a companion system). It's lacking proper post-sex options to get your companion involved, as I need to add NPC-on-NPC variants for sex actions (I'm planning on doing this in 0.2.5), but all the basic functionality should work.
I also added the framework for modding in clothing, which is my first proper step in adding mod support. Please bear with me as I continue to build up the size and scope of modding support over the versions ahead. ^^
As the last major thing, I've added the map and basic content for the bat caverns, although the bat-morph and slime encounters haven't been filled in properly yet. With this now added, all of Submission's basic framework is complete. There will be small internal maps for both the gambling den and the rat warren, but they will be of similar sizes to the Shopping Arcade's Supplier Depot.
Over the next two days, and then over the start of next week before Wednesday's full release, I'll be adding the new spell system, writing in content for Submission, Nightlife, and Slavery, and fixing bugs/other minor things. The full release will most likely be around this same time (in the early hours of Thursday 26th). ^^. ^^
As always, I build these previews for backers on Patreon, but if you're not a patron, you can also build these previews yourself from the public github (which is always kept up to date with the very latest version): https://github.com/Innoxia/liliths-throne-public (There's a build tutorial here.)
If you do build the game through github, please remember that these are preview releases, and there is a lot of half-finished content (and most likely bugs)!
IMPORTANT: If you're building through github, you'll now need to place the 'liliths-throne-public/res' folder in the same directory as the exported .jar!
Version 0.2.3.5 patch notes:
- Added: Companion system. You can just take one slave around with you for now, and the interaction options are a little limited (post-combat sex options haven't been implemented yet), but this adds functionality for adding unique followers later on. (Contribution from Irbynx.)
- Added: Clothing mod support. (Look in the mod folder for details.)
- Updated personality types from being a set one-in-four, to having weights on five personality traits (Adventurousness, Agreeableness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, and Neuroticism).
- Added personality selection to the new character screen. (If you want to set it on your current character, just save the game in this new version, then open the save file and search for 'personality' under your character's entry. You can edit the values there.)
- Added map of the Bat Caverns, along with bat-morph and slime encounters.
- Updated all clothing to have correct concealments, and added appropriate tooltip information to let you know what clothing is responsible. (e.g. Panties being worn beneath a skirt will be hidden to you until you unequip or pull up the skirt.)
- Added: Enforcer's miniskirt (Feminine, Leg slot). Candi now wears this instead of shorts.
- Updated Enforcer clothing to use a third colour for buttons, and the frontal-zip dress to use a customisable colour for the zip.
- Added: Groundwork for the new companion system. (Irbynx)
- Fixed harpy nest entrance background colour. (Master of Puppets)
- Typo fix. (Master of Puppets)
- Fixed strange behaviour when having sex with NPCs in stocks, where if it was banned for them to receive a certain type of sex, you would be banned from performing related sex actions as well. (Master of Puppets)
- Changed sex actions so the only ones that reduce arousal are now ones related to denial. Resisting pace/actions no longer cause arousal to drop, and instead, arousal increases are zero on non-erogenous zone actions, and low on others. Having the non-con fetish sets these arousal increases to high. (Master of Puppets)
- Restricted use of 'calm down' action to only be available when you're the dom, or when you have the same amount of control as the dom. (Master of Puppets)
- Added tooltips to the phone's map page. (Master of Puppets)
- Changed the code so that the 'new addiction' dialog only shows if the ingesting character isn't already addicted to the fluid, and otherwise shows the 'satisfied craving' dialog if the ingesting character is addicted. (AlacoGit)
- Tidied up the game's version checking method. (lehardo)
- Fixed some instances of incorrect cum parsing. (ltpatch)
- Fixed issue with harpies not respecting your gender preferences. (Master of Puppets)
- Added folder checking on startup. (Bukkyo256)
- Fixed Lilaya's Submissive Geisha scene immediately ending. (TadUnlikely)
- Fixed Vixen's Virility returning incorrect descriptions. (ltpatch)
- Added ChattyNeko's artwork for Nyan.
- Moved the 'Explore' action from button 6 to 1. (I originally put it on 6 so that when you were spamming it to explore, you wouldn't accidentally skip the encounter dialogue. Now that 'Explore' always results in an encounter on the first press, there's no need for it to be so out of place.)
- Added throat wetness, capacity, elasticity, and plasticity to the 'Body Stats' phone dialogue page, and added more throat descriptions to the selfie/character view page, as well as improving the coloured parts of all body description text.
- Added formatting to essence counter, and made the formatting specific to locale. (So now it really should use a comma, period, or space depending on your computer's locale.)
- Fixed gloves blocking you from wearing rings.
- Non-slave NPCs which do not have the exhibitionist fetish should now properly replace their clothing after you leave them alone.
- Removed hard-coded sealing effects from all BDSM set gear, and made them have the 'sealing' enchantment by default instead.
- The 'cattle' clothing set is now sold by Finch, instead of Nyan.
- Reorganised Nyan's trading menus.
- Added support in the code for adding custom artwork for the PlayerCharacter (follow the instructions in 'res -> images -> characters -> modding.txt' to add artwork).
- Changed Dobermann subspecies name from the clunky 'Dobermann-morph' to just 'Dobermann'.
- Fixed (that annoying) bug where the game's tooltips could get stuck on your screen when alt-tabbing/changing window focus.
- Typo fixes.
- Fixed bug in vixen's virility pill effect description.
- Fixed incorrect Katherine and Kelly descriptions.
- Fixed Zaranix getting stuck in his lounge.
- Fixed enchanting UI not showing correct cost reduction from 'Arcane Weaver' perk.
- Fixed some bugs in the way clothing concealment was working.
- Fixed several clothing displacements being erroneously available through other clothing.
- Fixed bug where looking for trouble in the harpy nests would never return a harpy fight encounter.
- (Hopefully) fixed that annoying bug where slave's stats would get stuck to the right of your screen.
- Fixed bug where public sex would stop being counted as public as soon as you switched position.
P.S. I will catch up with comments over the next two days! :3