Tuesday 25 January 2022

Plan for v0.4.4 and Beyond

Hello once again,

As I previously mentioned a couple of times, I wanted to make this post to give you my detailed plan for the next few versions ahead. I'm currently planning on sticking to the usual release pattern for the next few updates, meaning that the next release will be v0.4.3.5 (preview release), then v0.4.4 (public release), then v0.4.4.5 (preview), etc.


Goals for v0.4.3.5

For this next preview release, I'm going to be focusing on a few things:

- Bug fixes. There are quite a few minor bugs in this latest version, so I'm going to make sure that as many have been fixed as possible for the next update.
- Merging github pull requests. There are many PRs which have been waiting to be merged for quite some time, and so I'll work my way through as many of these as I can.
- Adding AceXP's content contributions. Some of AceXP's content was added into v0.4.3.1, but there's still several more additions to be included.
- Adding generic NPC encounters to Elis. I want to get generic NPC attackers added to the alleyways of Elis, giving you a source of persistent, randomly-generated NPCs without needing to go back to Dominion.

I'm aiming to get this preview released at the start of next week, hopefully on Monday (31st) or Tuesday (1st).


Goals for v0.4.4

For the next public release, I want to be focusing on adding the next stage of the main quest, as well as some more content for Elis:

- Main quest content. I'll get the main quest progressed past the town of Thmyscra, and into the next stage.
- Elis content. I'll add content for the 'The Crossed Blades' tavern in the north of Elis, as well as for the bank (and I'll likely add an associated bank in Dominion at the same time).
- Bug fixes. There will undoubtedly be more bugs to fix, so this will be part of this version as well.

This version will likely take a little longer than v0.4.3.5, due to the content additions for the main quest and Elis areas. It will therefore likely take me over a week to get this released after v0.4.3.5 is out; I'll give an expected release date in the preview's associated update post.


Goals for v0.4.5+

After these next two updates, I'll be continuing to focus on adding all of the content for Elis, as well as for the main quest. (Very minor spoilers!) I have four more major sections planned for the main quest before Lunette's content is resolved, so I'll try to add one of these sections in each of the next four public updates (0.4.5, .6, .7, and .8). After that, I'll flesh out the Foloi Fields and Elis content a little more, before moving on to the next part of the main quest, which will be located in a new area of the world map (which will be either the desert, jungle, or sea).


Thank you all so much once again for your support and interest in Lilith's Throne. I'll do my best to get updates to the game out in a more timely fashion than was the case towards the latter half of last year. My next post will likely be the preview update post, but if it's looking like that version might be delayed, then I'll make a post over the weekend to let you know. See you again soon!