Thursday 26 January 2017

Update delayed by one day

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but I'm going to have to push today's update back to tomorrow (or, in the worst-case scenario, to Saturday). Polishing and re-formatting all the transformation descriptions took a lot longer than I thought it would, so I'm behind my schedule by one day. I'm still a bit new to the whole game development thing, so I hope you can understand that it may take me a few more releases to get a good idea of how much work I can get done each week.

Sorry about the short notice of this delay, but I really thought, up until about half an hour ago, that I could make today's update on time. I've almost finished the generic assailant's defeat intercourse scene, but I still have quite a few bugs to fix, and I don't have the time to get the game into a release state for this evening.

To make it up to you, I'll tell you a little secret! If you type 'xyzzy' into the game, you get access to a debug menu (which, ironically, is quite buggy). You can see some items under the 'Clothing' menu that aren't actually in the game just yet (but will be added soon).

I'll also show you the current patch notes, so you know what to expect in update 0.1.63:

Current Patch Notes (subject to change):


  • Gameplay:
    • Slowed down rate of stamina, health, and willpower passive regeneration.
      Added perk "Observant" which reveals your opponent's detailed stats in combat.
      Altered price and rarity of TF consumables.
      Removed the horrendously crippling "On display" status effect from the game, which was gained from having the exhibitionist perk. (This was actually an unintended left-over from some testing I did a while ago.)
  • Story:
    • Changed the consumables shop owner (Julie) to a lesser horse-boy called Ralph.
  • Sex:
    • Fixed some typos and bugs in the generic assailant's victory intercourse scene.
  • Combat:
    • Added a "repeat last action" button in combat.
      Did a lot of background combat engine improvements.
      Spells can now miss (they have the same hit chance as ranged attacks) to help balance out how powerful they are.
      Added special attacks. These can be gained from having certain body parts.
  • Clothing:
    • Certain body parts can now block you from wearing clothing. (For now, the only one in the game is Horse-morph's legs blocking you from equipping footwear.)
  • UI:
    • First iteration of map display improvements. (Also cleaned up a lot of engine code and made some changes to try and fix the not-rendering bug.)
      Improved combat display. (Subject to further changes.)
      Inventory, Options menu, and phone access has been improved. (Opening one of these menus doesn't block the opening of the others.)
      Switched phone and inventory button locations.
      Improved content for all tooltips.
      Slightly altered some text colours.
      Improved some icons.
      Did a lot of engine improvements related to tooltips.
  • Transformations:
    • Polished and re-formatted all of the transformation descriptions. (This took a lot longer than I thought it would...)
      Added: Transformation descriptions for eye and ear transformations.
      Removed old descriptions of a second penis. (I mentioned it in an old post, but I had to remove the ability to grow two cocks as it created too many variations of sex scenes.)
      Changed transformation items. TF food items are now a weaker version of TF drink items. TF food will transform you up to a lesser morph, one transformation at a time. TF drinks will transform you up to a greater morph, two transformations at a time.
      Fixed colours of horse hair.
  • Bugs:
    • Fixed bug where you'd be able to train at the gym indefinitely without losing stamina.
      Fixed a possible cause for the "grey screen" bug that sometimes occurs when starting a new game.
      Changed file extension names from ".LTSave" to ".lts" and ".LTProperties" to ".ltp" in an attempt to fix a bug related to file detection on older operating systems.
      Fixed bug with the spell "Ice shard" giving the description of "Slam".
      Fixed bug with watches not rendering properly in phone's item viewer.
      Corrected a few typos here and there.

    Once again, I'm very sorry about the delay, and I'll try to improve my time-management skills so that this doesn't happen again!