Wednesday 29 November 2017

Slight change of goals

Hello again everyone! ^^

As several of you have pointed out, I may have gotten a little carried away when working on update 0.1.89.5. I ended up working until the very early hours of Sunday morning, and as a result, I completely exhausted myself. I've slept a lot over the past few days, and although I feel rested again now, I'm left with just three days until version 0.1.95 is released. As a result, I'm going to revise my targets a little.

Everything always takes 2-3 times longer than I think it will, and although I keep on saying I'll be less ambitious with my goals, it hasn't happened. I've ended up falling into a cycle of setting impossible goals, failing to meet them, then working through weekends and not being able to take a proper rest.


New plan:

With that in mind, I'm going to change all of my goals leading up to Christmas to the following:

0.1.90 - 1st December (Full release) Finish Zaranix, slavery, and sex-related content.

0.1.90.5 - 8th December (Preview) Start work on fixing bugs and implementing multiple-partner sex mechanics.

0.1.95 - 15th December (Full release) Finish implementing multiple-partner sex mechanics.

0.1.96 - 22nd December (Full release) Adding Christmas-related content. I'll break with the pattern of full/preview releases this once so that everyone can see the seasonal content.

29th December (No release) I'll be taking this week off for Christmas.

2018 January will be spent implementing the planned combat & stats rework, which will then take the game up to 0.2.0. After that, the vast majority of development time will be spend adding in new content.


Please understand that this is in no way a reduction in the amount of work I'll be doing each Monday-Friday. I've just finally come to terms with the fact that I've been setting too many goals for myself, so I won't feel pressured into working over the weekends anymore. (Which has been having a noticeable impact in the amount of new bugs I've been introducing to the code, as I've been working while tired.)



Goals for 0.1.90:

So, with all that being said, the final things I'm going to be finishing over the next three days (for Friday's 0.1.90 release) are as follows (although there are quite a few items on the list, I should definitely be able to get it done by Friday):

- Finish Zaranix's content.
- Finish writing slave placeholder content.
- Add more slave jobs. Things like assisting Rose, working in a bar/brothel/milking shed, training, etc.
- Add more ways to influence a slave's affection and obedience.
- Improve orgasm dialogue.
- Add in position-specific orgasm scenes.
- Add in body-part recognition for orgasm scenes. Things such as knotting, orifice modifiers, fluid modifiers, etc.
- Improve anilingus and add it to more positions.
- Add thigh sex and hotdogging.
- Work on final improvements to the sex system.
- Add in missing content related to the new transformations. Addictive fluids, part modifiers referenced during sex, etc.