Saturday 26 January 2019

Almost there...

Hello again!

Sorry that there wasn't a progress post earlier this week - I kept on thinking "It should be done tomorrow or the day after, so I can just roll the progress post into the preview release post". That's gone on for every day this week, as more and more things kept cropping up to make centaur implementation take a lot longer than expected...


What happened

I know that these two things definitely aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but as I was getting the centaur code added, I realised that I was going to have to implement both udder/crotch-boobs and cloaca support (both of which are the major contributors to this delay). The former was needed for centaurs (they do have a fully animal lower body, after all), and has also been implemented for greater-morphs (behind a content toggle). The latter, cloacas (again with a content toggle for bipeds), is not needed for any of the initial taur races, but was vital as a part of the general 'LegConfiguration' framework that I've implemented, as it takes into account other types of lower bodies (tails, long tails, arachnids, and cephalopods).

I've now got both of these unforeseen features added, including full sex action and milking support for udders, as well as anal sex action availability changing based on configuration of genitals (if they have a cloaca or not). I'm now finally where I should have been at the start of this week, but as it's taken me so long to get this preview ready, I'm going to drop all of the remaining targets for v0.3.0.5, focus on getting centaurs completely finished, and get the preview out as soon as they're done. The other targets will then roll over into v0.3.1.


Preview version 0.3.0.5

So, with that being said, all I have left to do to get centaurs finished is to add a couple of sex positions based on their interactions with other centaurs or bipeds. There's going to be a significant amount of refactoring of the dialogue leading into sex scenes (both generic and unique ones), as well as the handling of centaur bodies for them, but I should be able to get a first rough pass of it done over the weekend. If it still isn't ready by Monday evening, I'm just going to have to release v0.3.0.5 on Tuesday evening/night, as it really has taken me far too long to get this preview ready.

Thank you all for your patience, and sorry about how long this is taking!