Thursday 3 June 2021

Version 0.4.0.5 Progress Update (Preview Build)

Hello again,

First of all, I'm really sorry for how long this update has taken to get ready. When I started working on it at the beginning of May I felt very confident that I'd have it ready in a couple of weeks, but then I ran into the issue of needing to add support for sex managers (so that I could have more control over how sex plays out when using external dialogue files). After that, I soon needed to add support for custom sex actions being defined in external files, which, along with the manager support, unexpectedly took up a lot of time.

After adding that sex support, I moved on to adding Meraxis content, which proved to be more complex to implement than I expected. Adding centaur transports and content for characters in 'The Red Dragon' (a tavern in Elis) then really pushed me well past the time in which I'd originally hoped to have this version released. At that point it finally looked like I was able to release this preview, and so I made the post on SubscribeStar and this blog stating that I'd have it ready by Friday 21st.

After that, I was beset by numerous issues during testing of the content I'd added, and after having to delay the release several times I got quite down about my failure to keep to schedule. As a result of that, I ended up letting myself get sidetracked, and instead of adding the demonic centaur encounters as I'd planned, I ended up filling in all of the placeholders for the centaur transport and writing almost all of the content in The Red Dragon. The only parts which still have placeholder content are those related to Meraxis's sex scenes (which I'm planning on filling in and expanding in the next update). I also spent some of this time adding armpit sex actions, which I know is quite an obscure fetish and one that perhaps should have been left until after other content was added, but I had it on the back of my mind and just decided to add it now.

So those are basically the reasons why this version took so long to get done. I was also slower than usual in implementing the content as this was my first time really using the external dialogue framework to a significant degree. Now that I'm used to it, hopefully the next update will not take so long.

Speaking of which, I plan on making a small update to this preview (which will be v0.4.0.6) to add the demonic centaur encounters and to fill in Meraxis's placeholders, as well as to get some more PRs merged. There are likely also some bugs which I haven't caught, so I'll get those sorted as well, whatever they may turn out to be.

After that, I'll move on to filling out content for Elis's shopkeepers and other places around town for the public release of 0.4.1. I also plan on adding Minotallys's meeting in that update, as well as the next stage of the main quest after that.

I'm sorry once again for the slow update, and especially for the significant delay after confidently announcing that this version was to be released over a week ago. I know that I'm really saying sorry too much, especially since I said that I'd cut back on apologising all the time, but I really also want to say sorry for not keeping you updated in posts here on the blog. I felt like I didn't have much to say, although looking back I know that it would have been far better to have simply said something along the lines of "I'm still working on it" than nothing at all.

Anyway, I'll make another post to keep you all updated on my progress some time early next week, so I'll see you again then!


Enforcer Artwork

A while ago now, DSG made a promotional poster using Enforcer artwork commissioned from Jam (https://twitter.com/JamDrawers), along with Enforcer clothing, rank insignia, and lore that DSG had made. I owe DSG a really big thanks not only for making all of the Enforcer clothing & weapons, but also for creating and expanding upon the vast majority of the game's Enforcer lore. I've attached this promotional poster here, so check it out (in full size to read the text) if you want to see some really cool artwork and background lore to the Enforcers!



I package and release these in-between preview builds for backers over on my SubscribeStar, but anyone can play them at any time by building them directly from the public github (which is always kept up to date with the very latest version):
https://github.com/Innoxia/liliths-throne-public/tree/dev
(There's a build tutorial here.)

IMPORTANT: If you're building through github, you'll now need to place the 'liliths-throne-public/res' folder in the same directory as the exported .jar!

ALSO IMPORTANT: Make sure you build from 'dev' branch.


v0.4.0.5 Patch Notes

    Contributors:

  • Updated lilithsThroneBuildTutorial.md. (by AceXP)
  • Fixed bug where Angel's Tears didn't reset the consumer's lust value like it should. (by AceXP)
  • Fixed bug where imp gangs would have elixirs with no effects in their inventories if the player was a slime. (by AceXP)
  • Fixed minor issue with random generation not being as random as it should have been. (by AceXP)

    Engine/Modding:

  • Added support for world and place types to define whether walls are present (which enables the 'against wall' sex position).
  • Added support for sex actions to be applied at the start of sex when using the sexVariables element in responses.
  • Added framework for external sex manager support, granting significantly more control over how sex scenes play out. (You can see a commented example in 'res/sex/innoxia/managers/meraxis/duel/masturbation.xml')
  • Added framework for external sex action support. (You can see a commented example in 'res/sex/innoxia/actions/meraxis/duel/orgasm_panties_cum.xml')
  • When defining dialogue nodes, added the ability to copy responses from another dialogue node instead of having to copy+paste them. (Done by using 'copyFromDialogueId' attribute in the 'responses' element.)
  • Improved the 'random' parsing command so that empty strings are discarded from the potential returns, allowing you to use conditional statements to allow or remove strings from the randomly selected pool.
  • Added new CoverableArea value 'ARMPITS', and applied this value to all applicable blocked body parts for 'torso over' and 'torso under' clothing in the game.

    Gameplay:

  • Re-enabled ability to leave Dominion. (Note that demonic centaur encounters aren't yet enabled in the fields, so there's not much to do there yet.)
  • Enabled entry to Elis. (Note that while all the places in Elis have dialogue, there isn't much to do there yet outside of the content in The Red Dragon.)
  • Added Meraxis dialogue for when leaving Dominion for the first time.
  • Added Meraxis dialogue in The Red Dragon.
  • Added two new unique centaur characters ('Astrapi' and 'Vronti') who together provide transport between Elis and Dominion (includes sex scenes for both characters).
  • Added interactions with Flash in The Red Dragon (talking and buying drink/food).
  • Added interactions with Jess in The Red Dragon tavern (paying for her company and sex), and added voyeurism scene at her bedroom when she's entertaining a client.

    Items:

  • Added weapon 'arcane recurve bow' (two-handed, ranged, physical/ice/fire/poison damage, sold by Vicky).

    Sex:

  • Added armpits as a new sexual 'orifice'.
  • Added penis-armpit sex actions, which are typically available in the same positions that penis-breast actions are available.

    Other:

  • Added new content toggle for armpit content. (On by default.)
  • Roughly halved travel time for all fields tiles in the world map.
  • Reduced the values of several drink items.

    Bugs:

  • Parsing and typo fixes.
  • Fixed badger foot type being hoofs instead of paws.
  • Fixed 'barren' and 'firing blanks' perks being detected as physical perks instead of sex ones.
  • Added missing description for mouth-foot sex actions in quick sex overview screen.
  • Fixed issue with incorrectly parsed descriptions for when orgasming during an ongoing self-cock stroking action.
  • Added handling for several errors when loading saved games from several versions ago.
  • The 'anus' status effect during sex will no longer be displayed if anal content is turned off in your content options.
  • Fixed the export character screen saying that the export button was in the top-right instead of bottom-right.
  • Fixed tongue-nipple dirty talk referencing penetrating the nipple even if the target's nipples were not penetrable orifices.
  • Fixed issue where banned sex areas would sometimes become available after changing positions in special sex scenes.