Friday 9 September 2016

Slow day

Most of today was spent fixing bugs in the clothing system. I did get started on weapons, but it's still about a day's worth of work until they're completed. Over the weekend I'll finish the targets I set at the start of the week.

Game flow

I was going to make a webm of the gameplay, but I quickly discovered that footage of text-based games is a very poor medium to express how they feel to play. Instead, I'm going to leave it until release 0.1.0 to let everyone find out what it's like to play.

Story

I haven't spoken much about the story yet, and while I don't want to reveal any spoilers, I can still say what the general background to the game is.

The game is set in the present-day, three years after Lilith and her army of demons invaded Earth. You play as one of the residents of Lilith's self-proclaimed capital city, Dominion, and over the course of the game you try to find a way to defeat her.

Along the way, there are side quests and repeatable events that you can discover and interact with. There are also recurring NPCs that you will be able to romance, but I'll talk more about that at another time.

As I want to avoid spoilers, all I can say about the main quest is that it revolves heavily around Lilith's use of transformations and sexual desires. Every transformation and sex scene in the game is avoidable, so long as you never lose a fight!

Bad ends

There are bad ends in the game, but there will never be a "game over" screen. Instead, you can continue to play through the bad end in whatever state you're left in. The main game itself will be over, but you will still get choices to make as you live out whatever life you're left with!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I'll finish weapons and get started on sex-engine work. I've pretty much completed the sex-engine, but there are still some minor issues to address.