Thursday 1 September 2016

Hello world

Well, here's the first post of my development blog for Lilith's Throne. I'll briefly explain what this is all about in a short Q&A format.

What is Lilith's Throne?

Lilith's Throne is a game that I've been working on for the last seven months or so. It's a fictional, text-based, erotic RPG in which you, as the protagonist, try to find out a way to defeat Lilith, the queen of a demonic invasion.

Like other RPGs, you can fight enemies, level up, equip different clothing and weapons, find items to use, encounter friendly NPCs, and complete quests. This being an erotic game, a lot of the content involves sex (of all kinds) and transformations (sexual and otherwise). Please read the disclaimer for information about the sexual content found within the game.

Lilith's Throne has been made completely from scratch by myself using java. It uses a custom-built engine and doesn't rely upon or use any third party libraries. It will be released as a .jar file and will require your computer to have java installed to be able to run. I will support android releases in future, but for the first few versions, I will only be working on the desktop version.

Where can I play it?

Like so many games of this nature, "it's still in development". To try and counter any sceptical thoughts you might have at hearing this news, I can tell you that the cut-off date of September 30th 23:59:59 GMT is the absolute latest time at which the first release of the game will be out, no matter what state it may be in.

Why announce the game without anything to show?

There's a few reasons for this. One, this blog will initially serve as a method for keeping track of the progress I make. Up until now, I've only had internal notes to keep track of what I've changed and accomplished. By putting change logs up on this blog throughout development, I'll have a public place where I can show my rate of progress.

Two, I set myself the target of getting this blog set up by the end of this week, and every target must be met.

Finally, I will be making more posts over the next few days and weeks leading up to release, and in those posts I'll put more information about the game (with screenshots). I'm making this blog now so that I have a foundation upon which I can release details concerning gameplay and development progress.

The next post will be sometime tomorrow, so see you then!