Monday 26 September 2016

Day off & the week ahead

As per usual for a Sunday, I took it easy for most of the day. I got some minor bugs fixed here and there, and did some work on gender calculations.

Magic

I know I said I'd make a big post about magic, but as I was writing it out, I realised that it isn't quite finished yet, so you'll have to wait until release before finding out how it works. Which brings me on to the main part of this post...


The state of the game at release

I'll make a big post containing version 0.1.0's release notes on the day of release (this Friday!), but I'll give a quick overview of what sort of state the game will be in. It's going to be in a very early alpha/demo state, so there's going to be a low amount of content, the possibility of (and high likelihood of) encountering bugs, spelling mistakes (though there shouldn't be many), and everything else associated with early alpha games. It's important to see version 0.1.0 as a demo of what's to come, and as I add more content and features over the next few months, the game will become what I had originally envisioned.

The two or three weeks following release will be spent polishing content and fixing bugs. I have a complete plan from version 0.1.0 up to 1.0.0, so I know exactly where the story is headed and all the content that I want to see in the game at it's final release.

The game download will most likely be hosted on mega.nz, and I'll make a post on TFGamesSite.com on the day of release.


The week ahead

Most of the week will be spent trying to avoid panicking as I realise that I only have a few days left until launch.

  • Finish all writing.
  • Finish fixing the most game-breaking bugs.
  • Panic anyway!