Thursday 29 September 2016

Version 0.1.0 delayed

Version 0.1.0 will not be released tomorrow

I don't think anyone is actually reading this blog at the moment, as I haven't posted any information about this game anywhere but here. As a result, I don't feel too bad for delaying the release for another 2 weeks. (But if some of those page hits aren't from web crawlers, and you're reading this now, then I'm sorry for the delay!)

The reason I'm choosing to delay the release is that the game currently isn't up to the standard that I'd like to set. There are bugs to be fixed, a lack of content, and UI issues that need to be addressed. I will need at least 2 more weeks to get the game into a state that's ready for initial release.

Future release targets

In future, I will present release dates as 'target dates'. The problem with being a sole developer for a project like this is that even if a small problem occurs (like the computer problems I had for the last week and a half), all development on the game is affected. Unforeseen problems may arise during development, so I need to be more flexible with release dates. I will always do my best to meet the release date target, but sometimes it won't be possible.

New release target

The new target for release is Friday 14th October.

Sorry for the delay!