Sunday 2 April 2017

New release schedule

Hi, so first off, I'm still going to release 0.1.69.9 this evening (in about 2 hours), but it's going to be in a little bit of a rough state...

As quite a few of you have noticed, my current release schedule isn't really working out very well. I keep on missing Friday's release target, and then end up working over the weekend in order to put a version out each week. I'll finally admit that this is starting to get a little bit stressful, so, after reading all your concerned comments about me overworking myself, I've decided to change the release schedule a little.

New schedule:

I've decided to move to a bi-weekly release schedule, in order to give me a good amount of time to fully polish and test each new release. However, I still kind of want to put something out every week, so I'm going to use the 'off-weeks' to put up a 'preview' build here on the blog.

The 'preview' builds won't be announced anywhere else (like on TFGamesSite or fenoxo forums), as they're going to be unpolished snapshots of what state the game is in at that time (i.e. I'll just build whatever I have on that Friday and release it as a 'preview' build). To make things a little clearer, here's how the releases will look (with each release still taking place on a Friday):

Week 1: Version X preview
Week 2: Version X release
Week 3: Version Y preview
Week 4: Version Y release
etc. etc.

This week's release is '0.1.69.9P' release (with the P denoting that it's a preview build), so it will only be announced/released here on the blog, and is likely to contain a lot of half-finished content. If you only want to play 'full' releases of the game, then I'm afraid that you'll have to wait until next week for version 0.1.69.9...


P.S. I'll still make sure that the preview builds work and that there are no huge game-breaking bugs, but please don't expect them to be as polished as the 'proper' releases.

P.P.S. Thank you everyone for your concerns about my health/workload. This new release schedule will make things a lot less stressful! ^^